Reading English aloud in the morning will do you a lot of good.
能用动名词作宾语的动词有两类：一类是只能用动名词作宾语的动词，其中有：avoid、consider、advise、dislike、enjoy、excuse、finish、give up、can’t help、keep (on)、(don’t )mind、miss、practice、go on、suggest等。另一类是既可以用动名词，又可以用不定式作宾语的动词，其中有：begin、forget、hate、like、plan、prefer、remember、start、 try、stop、need、can’t afford等
swimming pool 游泳池
reading material 阅读材料
walking stick 手杖
opening speech 开幕词
listening aid 助听器
waiting room 候车室
running water 自来水
developing countries 发展中国家
working people 劳动人民
sleeping child 熟睡孩子
动名词（短语）可以和about, against, at, before, after, by, for, besides, from, in, on, upon, without等介词构成短语，在句中作状语，如：
They broke in loud cheers on hearing the news.
She left without saying good-bye to us.
Besides cooking and sewing, she had to take care of the children.
1) Mark often attempts to escape ____ whenever he breaks traffic regulations.
A) having been fined B) to have been fined
C) to be fined D) being fined
2) My wife said in her letter that she would appreciate ____ from you sometime.
A) to have heard B) to hear
C) for hearing D) hearing
3) The thief took away the woman's wallet without____.
A) being seen B) seeing
C) him seeing D) seeing him
4) People appreciate ____wit him because he has a good sense of humor. (CET-4 1998,1)
A) to work B) to have worked
C) working D) have working
5) I've enjoyed ____ to talk with you.
A) to be able B) being able
C) to been able D) of being able
6) No one can avoid ____ by advertisements.
A) to be influenced B) being influenced
C) influencing D) having influence
7) They are considering ____ before the prices go up.
A) of buying the house B) with buying the house
C) buying the house D) to buy the house
8) He thought that ____.
A) the effort doing the job was not worth B) the effort was not worth in doing the job
C) it was not worth the effort doing the job D) it was not worth the effort by doing the job
9) If I had remembered ____ the door, the things would not have been stolen.
A) to lock B) locking
C) to have locked D) having locked
10) Your shirt needs ____. You'd better have it done today.
A) iron B) to iron
C) ironing D) being ironed
11) You can't help ____ commercials; every few minutes the program is interrupted to give you one advertisement or another.
A) to hear B) to be heard
C) hearing D) with hearing
12) My transistor radio isn't working. It ____.
A) need repairing B) needs to repair
C) needs repairing D) need to be repaired
13) It is no use ____ me not to worry.
A) you tell B) your telling
C) for you to have told D) having told
14) He is very busy ____ his papers. He is far too busy ____ callers.
A) to write...to receive B) writing...to receive
C) writing...receiving D) to write...for receiving
15)The suspect at last admitted ____ stolen goods but denied ____ them.
B) to receive...to sell
C) to receiving...to selling
D) to have received...to have sold
16) She apologized for ____ to come.
A) her not being able B) her being not able
C) not being able D) that she's not able to
17)I really appreciate ____ to help me, but I am sure that I can manage by myself.
A) you to offer B) that you offer
C) your offering D) that you are offering
18) Please stop ____, boys, I have something important to ____ you.
A) saying ...talk B) telling ... say
C) talking ...speak D) talking ... tell
19) Tony, would you go and see if Sam has any difficulty ____ his tape recorder?
A) to fix B) fixing C) for fixing D) fix
20)“Why isn't Nancy going to meet us?” “It's my fault. I forgot all about ____ her.”
A) telephoning to B) to telephone
C) to telephone to D) the telephoning to
21)“Why were you late?” “I had a hard time ____ up this morning.”
A) to get B) get C) got D) getting
22)I remember ____ to help us if we ever got into trouble.
A) once offering B) him once offering
C) him to offer D) to offer him
23)John regretted ____ to the meeting last week.
A) not going B) not to go
C) not having been going D) not to be going
24) It is difficult to get used ____ in a tent after having a soft, comfortable bed to lie on.
A) sleep B) to sleeping
C) slept D) to sleep
25) He gives people the impression ____ many poems.
A) of having written B) to have write
C) of being written D) to write
26) Do you feel like ____ out or would you rather ____ dinner at home?
A) going...to have B) to go...to have
C) to go...having D) going...have
27) Prior to ____ the formal speech, first he will introduce himself.
A) delivering B) deliver
C) being delivering D) being delivered
28)I don't mind ____ by bus, but I hate ____ in queues.
A) to travel...standing B) having traveled...standing
C) traveling...to stand D) traveling...standing
29)What about ____ double quantities of everything today? We have hardly time to go____ next week.
A) buying...to shop B) buy...shopping
C) buying...shopping D) to buy...shopping
30) We had some trouble ____ the house and nobody seemed ____ where it was.
A) in finding...knowing B) finding...to know
C) to find...knowing D) to find...to know
31)We can't imagine ____ in the entrance examination, for she has never been to school.
A) she succeeding B) her succeeding
C) she succeed D) her to succeed
32)I don't like ____ at me.
A) them laughing B) their laugh
C) them laugh D) them to have laughed
33)We suggested ____ in hotels but the children were anxious ____ out.
A) sleeping...to camp B) sleeping...camping
C) to sleep...to camp D) to sleep...camping
34)I have no objection ____ the evening with them.
A) to spend B) to spending C) of spending D) spending
35) After ____ for the job, you will be required to take a language test.
A) being interviewed B) interviewed
C) interviewing D) having interviewed
36)The match was cancelled because most of the members ____ a match without a standard court.
A) objected to having B) were objected to have
C) objected to have D) were objected to having
37)Jean did not have time to go to the concert last night because she was busy ____ for her examination.
A) to prepare B) to be prepared
C) preparing D) being prepared
38)It is no good ____ remember grammatical rules. You need to practice what you have learned.
A) trying to B) to try to
C) try to D) tried to
39)After ____ him better, I regretted ____ him unfairly.
A) getting to know...to judge
B) getting to know...to have judged
C) getting to have know...judging
D) getting to know...having judged
40)He is looking forward to ____ his holiday in Britain.
A) spend B) have spent
C) spending D) having been spending
41) Before ____ the house, you should get a surveyor____ over it.
A) buying...looking B) having bought...to look
C) buying...to have looked D) buying...to look
42)In some countries people favor ____ together even though there is much more space.
A) to stay B) stay
C) staying D) stayed
43)“Why was Fred so upset?” “He isn't used ____ criticized.”
A) be B) to be C) to being D) having been
44) It's no use ____ to get a bargain these days.
A) to expect B) expecting
C) wanting D) you expect
45)“Why were you so late for work today?”“____ to the office was very slow this morning because of the traffic.”
A) Driving B) I drove C) To drive D) That I drove
46)It was impolite of him ____without ____good-bye.
A) to leave, saying B) leaving, to say
C) to leave, to say D) leaving, saying
47) He kept ____to his parents.
A) putting off to write B) to put off to write
C) putting off writing D) to put off writing
48)I'll go with you after I get through with ____the house.
A) cleaning B) to cleaning
C) to be cleaned D) having cleaned
49) With apples at 25 cents a pound, we couldn't resist ____four pounds.
A) to take B) took C) taking D) have taken
50)How can you keep the machine ____when you are away?
A) run B) to run C) running D) being run
1)D 2)D 3)A 4)C 5)B 6)B 7)C 8)C 9)A 10)C 11)C 12)C 13)B 14)B 15)A 16)A 17)C 18)D 19)B 20)A 21)D 22)B 23)A 24)B 25)C 26)D 27)A 28)D 29)C 30)B 31)B 32)A 33)A 34)B 35)A 36)A 37)C 38)A 39)D 40)C 41)D 42)C 43)C 44)B 45)A 46)A 47)C 48)A 49)C 50)C